7 every day.
30. ---what shall we have for supper?
---I bought________ big fish at _______only market near my office.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; 不填
31. the food I cook isn’t delicious, but _______ I can look after myself.
A. at first B. at last C. at least
32. --Excuse me. I want to buy some stamps. Where can I find a post office? --I know ________ not far from here. You can easily find _______.
A. that, it B. it, one C. ont, it
33. The lake is said to be dry. Is that true?
It ___________. Look, some kids are swimming in it.
A. must be true B. can’t be true C. may not be true
34. What a nice picture of a house! It would be _____ with some green trees around it.
A. good B. better C. worse
35. I won’t be able to understand what you say, _______you speak too quickly.
B .though B. Either C. because C. Both 36．_________of the hats suited him, so Jack had to try on the third one. A. Neither
37.—Frank, when will the short meeting begin?
--You should come _______2:30 .If you come 10 minutes ________that
time ,the meeting will be over.
A. at; before
A.is made B. have visited C. would visit C .has made 41. No conclusion ________before we complete this test. B. will be made
42.—Where’s your brother now ,Bob?
--I saw him _______in the street a moment ago and I told him_________.
A. playing; don’t do so B. playing; not to so C. play; to do so
43.—Have you got ________ready for the sports meeting?
--Not yet. We still have ________to do.
A. anything; nothing B. something; everything
C. everything; something
44.—Could you tell me________?
--Fill in this form and I will give you a card.
A. how I can meet Cathy B. where I can meet Cathy
45. Have you found the answer to the question ______I asked you this morning?
A. when B. what C. that
46.—How long _________in Chengdu?
--For just the weekend to come. I’ll be back next Monday morning.
A. are you staying B. did you stay C. have you stayed
将选项的编号依次填入题后横线上。(共4小题；每小题1分，满分4分) A: What are you doing for the summer vacation,David?
A: Oh,I’ve never gone to camp.What’re you doing there? C. when I can B. surprised C. excited 39. Medicine is dangerous for children, so it should be kept away _______them. B.to C. from 40. Although this village isn’t big, all the other villages I ________so far are B. at; after C. after; before 38. I had a hard time with math and I wasn’t ______to get the bad report from my
B: We’re doing a lot.We’re going swimming and boating in the morning .In the afternoon,we’re playing basketball or tennis._48_ We’ll sing or tell stories.
A: That sounds wonderful.
A: I’m going to visit the Shanghai
Expo with my parents.
B: _50_ A: You too,David.See you in September.
A man is driving home on a cold rainy night.At a bus top,he sees three people waiting for a bus.The first person is _51_best friend.This friend saved（救）his life years ago.The second one is his aunt.She’s very _52_and needs to go to hospital at once.The third one is the man’s girl friend.He loves her very much.The man wants to help _53_of them,but his car is very small and he can _54_only one in the car.Now be has his biggest-55_--who’s the one that he can take?
51.A.her B.his C.their
52.A.sick B.healthy C.strict
53.A.one B.two C.all
54.A.bring B.take C.hold
55.A.problem B.idea C.plan
In some countries in Europe, such as France, Spain and Britain, the countryside is changing.
_56_has become different for many villages, and some villages are even_57_. There are many reasons for this. Firstly, young people _58_villages come to live in big _59_and they don't return. Secondly, people move to big cities to _60_, because there are very few jobs in the countryside. Some villages still_61_because people from big cities have bought a "second house" in the _62_, where they come and stay at weekends. The price of the houses in the villages_63_and the local people can't afford to buy a house there. Another problem is t hat it's more and more _64_ for farmers to live in the countryside. So they sell their _65_ and find another job.
56. A.Life B.Weather C.Everything
57. A.the same B.richer C.disappearing
58. A.around B.from C.to
59. A.houses B.cities C.countries
60. A.find jobs B.spend holidays C.relax themselves
61. A.remain B.increase C.disappear
62. A.towns B.cities C.villages
63. A.goes up B.goes down C.stops rising
64. A.interesting B.common C.difficult
65. A.products B.land C.furniture
Climbing the highest mountains in the world is not an easy job. One has to fight bad weather, ill ness and fear. But the American 13- year-old boy Jordan Romero is not afraid. He will climb Asia and the world’s highest mountain, Mountain Qomolangma. He set out on April 11. His parents and 2 guides will climb with him. He plans to take two months for his climb. “I’m ready. But if I don’t succeed, I’ll try next time,” he said.
Jordan will also do his math homework and some book reports in the two months. He will write diaries(日记) about this climb. “My father told me that I can do this only if I can keep up my schoolwork, ” he said.
Jordan has already climbed the highest mountains of six other continents(大洲). When he was 10, he climbed the highest mountain in Africa. If he succeeds this time, he will become the youngest person to the top of the world’s highest mountain.
66. Jordan is afraid of the bad weather and illness while climbing.
67. Five people will climb together with Jordan.
68. Jordan’s father allows him to climb the mountain only if he can keep up his schoolwork.
69. Jordan will set up a new world record this time if he succeeds in climbing up Mount Qomolangma.
You might see aliens in books and movies. They look strange. They are very smart. They travel in spaceships(宇宙飞船).
But are there really aliens in space? British scientist Stephen hawking, 68, thinks so. He says that people should not look for aliens. He thinks they are dangerous. On a new British TV program, Hawking says, “it is quite possible that there are aliens in space. They might live in big spaceships. They have use up all the resources （资源） from their home planet.” He thinks such aliens are sure to get resources from Earth and then go away. They may bring troubles to the earth, too.
70. The famous British scientist Stephen Hawking says people should not look for aliens because they are ___________.
A. strange B. smart C. dangerous
71. According to Mr. Hawking, aliens probably have __________.
A. used up their resources
B. polluted their own planet
C. destroyed the big spaceship they lived in
72. Mr. Hawking believes that aliens will come to the earth to ________.
A. cause trouble B. get resources C. make a living
The first presideng of the united stades of America, George Washington, borrowed two books from the New York Society Library in 1789. He didn’t return them. The books are now about 220 years late. If Washington were still alive, he would have to pay the library 300,000 dollars in fines (罚款).
On October 5, 1789, the first president borrowed two books from the library. He did not write his name in the borrower’s book. Instead, he wrote “president” to show who had taken them out.
Workers at the library were recently organizing the library’s old records. They noticed that the books were missing. The New York Society Library says it will not try to collect the fine but it would like the books back.
73. This passage mainly tells us _________.
A. president George Washington isn’t perfect.
B. the library wants to make itself more famous by fining the president
C. two books were found missing when the library were organizing its old
74．President Washington wrote “________” in the borrower’s book on Oct5, 1789.
A. a borrower B. Washington C. President
75. The New York Society Library wants to get __________ back.
A. fined B, books C. autograph
77. Of the five museums, the Space Museum is the __________ our school, and the Art Museum is the farthest.
78. The little girl ___________yesterday when she was introducing herself in class. She couldn’t say a word to her classmates.
79. Alan __________ do his homework last weekend, but he played computer games instead.
80. Tony has bought lots of gifts for Christmas, and so far he ____________ all his money.
81. What can you see in the picture?
There is _________ building and ________ boys standing outside it.
82. What do the two people in the sofa want to do?
They want to __________TV but now they have to _________ it off.
83. What is the woman on the first floor doing?
She is calling her neighbor to turn _________ the __________.
84. Why are the people on the first floor complaining?
Because they can’t hear __________ with so much __________.
85. What are the boys outside the building going to do?
They are going to _________ __________.
86. Which d________ would you like, tea or coffee?
87. The old man is blind and he cannot s_______ anything.
88. Besides Chinese, math and English,we also study some other s______ at school.
89. It is important to talk l_______ in the library. Everyone should be quiet there.
90. Pandas in the zoo have enough food every day, so they never go h________.
1. 冬天，露西常常抱怨说她再也受不了伦敦又阴又冷的天气。（not loger） ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. 这些学习策略主要针对包括英语在内的外语学习。（aim at; include）
3. 至于说到我的愿望，我想在安静的地方休息两个月。（as for, somewhere） ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. 比较西安与成都，你会发现他们在某些方面相似。（compare…with, and, in some ways）
5. 他专心研究濒危动物，并逐渐习惯了岛上的艰苦生活。（concentrate on, and, get used to）
二、完成对话。在对话的空格中填上适当的单词，使对话完整正确。一空一词。请按编号将答案依次填入下边的表格内。（共10小题，每小题1分：计10分） Policeman: Excuse me, madam.
P: Would you mid letting me take a _1_ in your bag?
M: What? I’m afraid I will _2_mind if you do so, Now go away.
P: I’m afraid I have to do so. It’s my duty in the supermarket, madam.
M: Who are you? Go away, _3_I will call the police.
P: I am a _4_.Here is my police card.
M: Really? Do you always look into people’s bags if you like?
P: No. I will do so whenever I have a _5_ to believe that there is something in your bag that belongs to someone_6_.
M: What do you mean?
P: Well, perhaps you’ve got _7_that haven’t been paid for in your bag.
P: Well, if you are honest, you wouldn’t _9_, would you?So may I look into your bag,madam? I don’t want to do _10_to hurt you.
It was already late when we started for the next town, which according to the _1_was about fifteen miles away on the other side of the hill. There we felt_2_that we would find a bed for the night. Soon _3_fell after we left the village, but _4_,we met no one as we drove fast along the narrow road that _5_to the hill. As our car climbed _6_,it became colder and the rain began to fall, making it difficult to see the road.
After we had travelled for about twenty miles, there was still no_7_of the town which was marked on the map, we were beginning to get _8_.Then,the car suddenly stopped .A quick examination showed that we had used up the gas. Although we had little food with us, we decided to spend the night in the car.
Our meal was soon _9_, and then I tried to go to sleep at once, but John, who was a poor sleeper, got out of the car after a few minutes and went for a walk up the hill. Soon he found, in the valley bellow, the _10_of the town we were looking for. We at once pushed the car to the top of the hill. In less than a quarter of an hour, we were in the town.
Imagine a boy from a small village in East Africa. He has been looking after cows from a very early age. At twelve, he knows more about cows than most of us. I __1___ Has this boy ever had any education?
Education is discovering about ourselves and about the people and things around us. All the people who care about us --- our parents, brothers, sisters, friends --- are out teachers. __2__ We start learning on the day we are born, not on the first day we go to school. Every day we have new experiences, like finding a bird’s nest (巢), discoving a new street in our neighborhood and making friends with someone we
didn’t like before. __3__
Encouragement from the people around us makes it possible for us to discover things as much as possible. As we grow up, we begin to find out what we are able to do. We may be good at cooking, or sing or playing football. __4__ Just thinking about cooking doesn’t tell us if we are good at it.
We learn so much just in our daily life. __5__ Of course we can learn some things berrer at home than at school, like how to do the shopping, and how to help old or disabled people who can’t do everything for themselves. At school, teachers help us to read and write. With their help, we begin to see things in different ways.
You may feel curious (好奇) about students in other countries: Do they also have muc h homework? What do they do in their spare time?
On April 8, a report came out on the lives of high school student in China, Japan, South Korea and the US. It surveyed around 6,200 students from the four countries last year. You will find the answers to many of your question in this report.
Chinese student spend the most time studying. Nearly half of Chinese student spend more than two hours on their homework every day. That’s much more than students of the US(26.4%), Japan(8.2%) and South Korea(5.2%).
Who sleeps most in class?
Japanese students fall asleep in class most often. About 45% of then said they sometimes doze off in class. In South Korea, it’s 32%; in the US, 21% sleep in class;
and 5% in China.
South Korea students don’t like taking notes. About 70% said they write down what the teacher say in class, much fewer than in Japan (93%), china (90%) and the US (89%).
Who is the most distracted?
American students are the most active in class, but also the most distracted: 64% said they chat with friends in class; 46.9% said they eat snacks in class; and 38.9% said they send e-mails or read unrelated (无关的) books in class.
What do they do after class?
In their spare time, most Chinese students study or surf the internet. Most American students hang out with their friends. Most Japanese students do physical exercise. Most South Korean students watch TV.