All around the world, everyone has to eat. But people in d第一文库网ifferent areas eat different things.
Sometimes, people use the same ingredients 61________cook them differently.
What people eat has something to do with where they live. People look at the local
62_________ to describe what to grow in the fields. For example, the 63__________ weather near the North Pole (北极) means that 64__________ plants can grow there. Therefore, the local people, the Inuit, live only by fishing and 65__________ animals.
In Northern China, corn and wheat(小麦) grow well in the dry weather. So the local people
make steamed bread (馒头) and noodles from 66___________ or wheat. However, it is different in the 67_______. There, lost of rain and land near the lakes and rivers mean that the people can grow and eat rice.
The land and weather in Central America is 68__________ for growing cocoa trees.
Chocolate is made from the seeds(种子) in the fruit of these trees. Almost every home in Central America has its own way of 69_________ chocolate. Chocolate has become a 10________ that people cannot live without. 61. A. and
C. or C. plants C. cold C. quite a few C. catching C. corn
62. A. weather 63. A. warm 64. A. few
B. animals B. hot B. a few B. feeding
65. A. training 66. A. rice
67. A. north 68. A. good
B. south B. bad
C. northwest C. difficult C. making C. tree
69. A. picking 70. A. drinking
B. planting B. food
第三部分 阅读理解 （共15小题，计30分）
We are collecting more news for school English newspaper. Would you like to be reporters
for it? Welcome! Here are two pieces from the news page.
71. You are welcome to be reporters for our school English newspaper. 72. Li Yu won the second prize in the 800-meter race yesterday. 73. Yang Liu was the best runner last year.
74. Mr. White will teach us English for two years at our school. 75. We’ll always remember Mr. White’s lively and interesting teaching.
My friend’s grandfather came to America for a farm in Thailand. After arriving in New York,
he went into a cafeteria（自助餐厅）in Manhattan to get something to eat. He sat down at an empty table and waited for someone to take his order. Of course nobody did. Finally a woman with a big plate full of food came up to him. She sat down opposite him and told him how a cafeteria worked.
"Start out at that end," she said, "Just go along the line and pick out what you want. At the other end they'll tell you how much you have to pay."
I soon learned that’s how everything works in America," the grandfather told my friend later. "Life is like a cafeteria here. You can get everything you want as long as you want to pay the price. You can even get success, but you'll never get it if you wait for someone to bring to you. You have to get up and get it by yourself."
76. My friend’s grandfather came from ______________.
C. New York
77. The grandfather went into a cafeteria to ______________.
A. Wait for someone
B. get something to eat
C. meet my friend
78. The woman in the cafeteria might be _____________.
A. a waitress
B. a friend of the grandpa’s
C. a customer
79. What should we do to get food in cafeteria?
A. Wait for the waiter
B. Ask someone for help
C. Get it ourselves.
80. What can we learn from the grandfather’s words about the life in the US?
A. Get up early and you can succeed. B. Act and get what you want on your own.
C. Nobody brings you anything unless you pay the price.
How much do you know about Albert Einstein?
Albert Einstein, born in March 14, 1870 in Germany, was a great scientist in the world. He
was strange because he hated haircuts and new clothes. He believed in each. All his life, he hated war. However, his most famous idea, E=mc2, helped create the world’s most dangerous weapon(武器). Many people think he was the smartest person in the world. But Einstein said that he thought
What did he like、
Einstein liked learning sailing(帆船运动). He sailed in small boats all his life. He once joked,
“Sailing is the sport that takes the least energy!”
When Einstein was a child, his mother made him take violin lessons. At first, he didn’t like
the violin. But then he learned to love music and became a good violinist. Later he said, “Love is the best teacher.”
Why is the sky blue?
In 1910, Einstein asked a question which many children often ask, “Why is the sky blue?”
After his careful research, he answered the question like this: It’s because light is made up of
many colors including blue. When light travels to Earth, gas particles(气体微粒) spread the blue light all over the sky.” His answer is true in physics.
81. According to the passage, Albert Einstein ________haircuts and new clothes. A. forget
82. The underlined part actually shows Albert Einstein was a/an ________person. A. clever
83. Einstein ________learning sailing and playing the violin. A. was interested in
B. looked forward to
C. was known for
84. From Paragraph 3 we know that ________. A. mother teaches the best
B. without mother’s push, we can’t love anything C. when we love something, we’d like to learn about it
85. Einstein offered a ________explanation for the question why the sky is blue. A. magic